Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 4 / Day 2: Last Chance for CouchDB

Never give up, never surrender.

I give CouchDB another chance. When you experience problems with open source software, you should at least create some bug entries in order to tell the developer that something does not work.

So I searched for the grom-couchdb bugtracker and stumbled upon the code base on git. Hm. It looks like some files are newer than what I've got... And there seems to be even a patch for the 2.0 problem!

https://github.com/coryhacking/gorm-couchdb
=> https://github.com/MalteJ/gorm-couchdb/tree/

but now that I've take a look at the issue tracker, I see that it would be too much work to do in order to get it up and running: this issue explains inderectly, that the plugin needs a js-view in order to work and it is not generated if you do a generate-all on a no-couch domain.

It seems that you may use the plugin if you already have a better knoledge of couchDB, but for me, that's it. No couchDB for my grails project!

No comments:

Post a Comment